Work with us
Executive Manager, Programs
- Pivotal executive position reporting to the CEO
- Lead a multidisciplinary team
- Be part of a high performing not-for-profit championing responsible investment and sustainable finance
The Responsible Investment Association Australasia (RIAA) is looking for a dynamic, impact focused, executive with experience in leading impactful programs and teams in the responsible investment and sustainable finance sector, to lead RIAA’s programs portfolio.
You will lead RIAA’s diverse program portfolio spanning our world class Responsible Investment Certification Program, our 20-year-old industry defining research program, our impactful and engaging member working groups, and our industry leading responsible investment standards, policy and advocacy program. This new position has been created in response to RIAA’s growing success and influence in the sector.
You will set the strategy for RIAA’s programs, working closely with our multitude of stakeholders, and lead a highly skilled team of program managers to effectively deliver on that strategy, and ensure that RIAA achieves its strategic objectives. This new executive role is a unique opportunity to work with our 350 members (who manage over $9 trillion in assets) to influence the agenda of the responsible investment and sustainable finance sector across Australia and New Zealand, at an exciting and critical time in this industry’s development.
The ideal candidate will be a results-orientated leader who thrives on a fast-paced environment, has a considerable experience in and knowledge about responsible investment, and a remarkable ability to lead a team of highly skilled program experts. Your passion and strong program leadership skills will be demonstrated by your track record as an influential leader who has shaped the strategic direction of industry leading programs, driving growth in program size and impact.
You will have expertise in:
- All aspects of responsible investment and sustainable finance
- Leading high performing teams across a number of functions
- Setting the strategy and overseeing delivery across a diverse range of programs in the context of a multi-stakeholder organisation
- Applying a commercial lens in decision making
- Leading large, complex programs that have impact across the organisation
- Driving real world impact from programs
See the position description below and send us an application, including a cover letter, a CV, and a statement of no more than two pages that answers the following questions:
- What do you think the most significant challenge in Responsible Investment/Sustainable Finance is at the moment in Australia? Why is this such a challenge?
- The role covers a number of functional areas (research, policy, standards, advocacy, certification, working groups). Which of these functions do you have most experience in, and in which do you have the most to learn?
- What is your approach to team management? Tell us about a challenging management situation that you handled. What was the situation, what did you do, and what was the outcome?
- What is your experience of being part of an executive leadership team? Tell us about a time where your contribution had a significant impact on the organisation as a whole, not just within your area of responsibility. What was your role and what happened?
- Tell us about a time when you led a change process where a stakeholder did not initially support the change that you were leading. How did you manage the stakeholder? What was the outcome? Would you do anything differently in future?
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday 19 April 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Sharon Rayner on 0422 469 335.
Download Position Description
RI Certification Standard
Publish date: August 2020