Melbourne CBD or Sydney CBD
Our client, The Responsible Investment Association Australasia (RIAA) is a not for profit organisation, who is the peak industry body representing responsible, ethical and impact investors across Australia and New Zealand. They have an active network of over 260 members who manage more than $9 trillion in assets globally.
RIAA works to see more capital flowing into sustainable assets and enterprises for strong investment outcomes as well as a healthier economy, society and environment. RIAA acts as the member hub of timely and relevant ESG, ethical and impact investing information to strengthen the capacity of the finance and investment industries.
RIAA as an organisation has grown in scale and scope over the past 5 years and now offers an exciting new position of Research Manager (full time or part time). Working closely with the Executive Manager Policy, Research & Certification and the CEO, the Research Manager is responsible for the development and delivery of RIAA’s research program. The role holds lead responsibility for project managing RIAA’s research agenda in Australia and New Zealand.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Managing RIAA’s research calendar and scheduling research activities
- Project managing RIAA’s major research reports including managing external research partners
- Undertaking primary and secondary research to an exceptional degree of quality and integrity
- Drafting the strong analysis and research into useable and readable reports, and factsheets for external publication
- Re-purposing research content into multiple external communication channels
- Preparing slide decks for the RIAA team to use in their external communication activities such as report launches, presentations, conferences, and with the media
- Delivering post-research project reports to management, the Board and sponsors
Being highly organised and effective with your time, you are known for being an exceptional listener and for your experience in managing research activities; ideally within the banking, insurance or investment sectors. Your strong research design skills are complimented by a positive can-do attitude, professional demeanour and an ability to build rapport with a broad range of stakeholders. Your ability to bring strategic, impactful ideas to the research agenda is matched by your confidence to lead research work autonomously.
Ideally you will possess;
- Exemplary analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative, including strong skills in spreadsheet analysis, to manage, analyse and quality check data
- Demonstrated excellence in written communication for producing technical reports and summary reports converting technical data into readable reports
- Attention to detail to ensure the underlying data of all research is bullet proof and defensible in the public realm
- Ability to translate data into formats that enable it to be widely understood and used
- Experience using tools to manage and coordinate projects and tasks
RIAA is a small, but impressive, collegiate team working from three office locations (Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland). They work collaboratively, respecting one another and valuing flexible working conditions, which is highlighted by RIAA being open to offering a part-time role for the right candidate, based out of either Melbourne or Sydney. The people you will get to work alongside are consummate professionals, with high levels of respect for each other. The team are purpose driven, passionate and enjoy what they do; and strive to make a significant impact.
If you are passionate about making a positive impact, this is an exciting time to be in responsible investing. With research being a critical component feeding into the Sustainable Finance Roadmap, you can make a difference for the 21st century and beyond.