Responsible investment has reached a tipping point, becoming the benchmark for leading investment practice and in the process redefining the investment landscape.
With billions set to flow into responsible, ethical and impact investments over the coming 3-5 years, attending this year’s event will be essential for those managing money on behalf of clients, members and other beneficiaries.
So where to from here?
This year’s event will focus on the essential knowledge and expertise you and your organisations need to thrive in a world where members and clients demand a responsible investment approach to their savings, investments and banking.
From ethical screening and better management of investment risk, through to enhanced portfolios, the next wave of responsible investing will focus on the impact of our investments on shaping the future.
RIAA’s annual conference is the premier event built on a cutting-edge program including thought-leaders on responsible, ethical and impact investment. This year’s event brings together 300 people from across superannuation, funds management, financial advisory, foundations, family offices and beyond – from retail to institutional.
- Constructing a portfolio around the Sustainable Development Goals: explore the portfolio options to invest in impact across asset classes, with a focus on the SDGs
- ESG trends to watch – leading researchers bring the next big issues for investors to have on the radar (Presented by ESG Research Australia)
- Pitch sessions – a fast-paced overview of some of the investment options across asset classes that are making it easier to invest responsibly, ethically and with impact
- Natural capital – what’s it got to do with responsible investment
- Sealing the deal: finding deep engagement with clients and members through responsible and impact investment – the next wave of business to customer relationships
- Fin tech disruption – where are we at and what does responsible investment look like in this new world?
- Climate change – from talk to action, insights on how leading investors are shaping portfolios in response to climate risk
- Policy landscape for responsible and impact investing – an update
- Issuers and investors – friends or foes? What does the future of active ownership look like for delivering impact for investors and issuers?
- Financial Adviser masterclass: advising clients on responsible investment portfolios
- ESG integration masterclass: a deep dive in to leading practices in ESG in 2017 and beyond
- The democratisation of capital – are we there yet? Fintech, the rise of millennials, start-up super funds, all unlock our ability to invest our money the way we want it. But has capital yet become democratised?
Plus many more!
More from our Platinum Sponsors
Arowana is an operator of small and medium-sized companies and specialist asset manager. We grow people, companies and value. Our track record and expertise fall in solar energy, educational services, training, in events and media, traffic control and traffic management and in enterprise software. We have a long-term commitment to building and growing strong and sustainable small and medium-sized enterprises that will have a positive impact on economies, industries and the people they employ. We understand that the work we do benefits more than the bottom line and we always consider the impact of our actions. We want to see businesses and economies grow in a sustainable way and in doing so making money for our partners and ourselves.
About Australian Ethical
Australian Ethical is Australia’s leading ethical wealth manager, providing investors with products that align with their values without compromising on returns.
Since its inception in 1986, Australian Ethical has invested according to its Ethical Charter. The Charter not only guides all investments but also underpins all elements of the business. 10%* of Australian Ethical’s profits fund charitable organisations and social impact initiatives, through the Australian Ethical Foundation, one of the highest levels of corporate giving in Australia.
Australian Ethical has over $2 billion in funds under management, across superannuation and managed funds. It was Australia’s fastest growing super fund by both funds under management and membership in 2016.
The company was a founding B Corp in Australia, and is one of only two listed B Corps worldwide. It was awarded the B Corp ‘Best for the World’ ranking it in the top 10% of 1,800 B Corps globally in 2017
*before deducting bonus and grant expense
AXA IM is a an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor with assets under management of AUD 1 trillion*. We were founded in 1994, and are fully owned and backed by the AXA Group, a world leader in financial protection. We offer a range of investment strategies with teams of investment experts – Fixed Income, Framlington Equities, Rosenberg Equities, Real Assets, Structured Finance – as well as a Multi Asset Client Solutions team. We have 2,300 employees operating in 21 countries in Europe, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East.
At AXA IM, we believe that Responsible Investing can help deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for our clients over the long term. That is why we embed global ESG research across asset classes and provide investors the opportunity to select the level of ESG integration that best fits their needs and objectives.
Partner with a leader in Responsible Investing
BT Investment Management is one of the largest ASX-listed pure investment managers (ASX:BTT), with a market capitalisation of around $3.5 billion and funds under management of $95.8 billion as at 30 September 2017. Employees have significant ownership in the company.
BT Investment Management (BTIM) has been a long-standing supporter of sustainable investing with a heritage that dates back to 1984. BTIM demonstrates its commitment to responsible investing through active participation in a range of industry initiatives, including:
- Founder and joint owner of Regnan – Governance Research & Engagement Pty Limited.
- Member and proud supporter of the Responsible Investment Association Australasia.
- Signatory to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment.
- Member of the Investor Group on Climate Change (IGCC) and a member of the IGCC’s management committee.
- Investor Signatory to CDP
Today, BTIM offers a range of sustainable and ethical investment solutions across asset classes and manages over A$2 billion in assets through a suite of funds and tailored investment mandates.
Investing for sustainability and impact as well as returns
With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO has grown to become one of the world’s premier fixed income investment managers, incorporating sustainability factors in the investment process for decades. In 2017, we launched PIMCO ESG, integrating ESG-based investing and engagement with a time-tested fixed income process. The process emphasizes rigorous analysis of broad secular trends, which are at the core of both global sustainability and long-term asset returns.
Prepared. PIMCO believes that performance starts with preparation. We conduct exhaustive research and analysis to continuously evaluate the world’s changing risks and opportunities.
Tested. There is no substitute for experience. Our distinctive top-down, bottom-up investment process has been tested in every market environment.
Invested. PIMCO believes there is nothing more important than the partnership with our clients. Markets don’t stand still and neither do we, innovating to build solutions to meet investors’ evolving needs.
Northern Trust is a leading global asset management firm with more than $1 trillion in total assets under management (as at 30 June 2017). Our long-standing history of solving complex investment challenges has earned us the trust and confidence of the world’s most sophisticated institutional and individual investors. We proudly offer robust investment capabilities that span all markets and asset classes, from passive and risk-factor to fundamental active and multi-manager strategies, delivered in multiple vehicles. For more information, please visit our website or follow us on Twitter @NTinvest or speak to a partner at your local office.