RIAA’s Responsible Investment Certification Program is aimed at helping the investors of all kinds navigate towards investment options and financial advice that better match their investment beliefs and personal values.
Looking to invest your
RIAA Certification helps you find a better option.
RESPONSIBLE INVESTMENT CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
The Responsible Investment Certification Program and symbol helps consumers navigate towards investment options and financial advisers that better meet their own investment desires and values.
Developed in 2005 as a response to the growing demand for responsible and ethical investments, the Responsible Investment Certification Program provides investors with standardised and consistent information allowing them to compare and contrast the investment options that have been assessed and verified as responsible.
The Responsible Investment Certification Program allows investors to access detailed information about how each investment product or financial adviser takes into account ESG and ethical issues in the investment process.
READY TO INVEST RESPONSIBLY?
When you see the Certification Symbol you know that an investment product or adviser has met standardised criteria for inclusion in the program, helping you to find the investment options that are right for you.
Start your search for responsible and ethical investments now.
CATEGORIES AND CRITERIA
Certification is available for RIAA members to apply as:
A Certified Financial Adviser (including certifying as an adviser Dealer Group)
- A Certified Investment Product (including retail or wholesale funds across all asset classes, superfund options, as well as other investment products – ETFs, LICs, SMAs, Bonds, impact investments, banking products etc.)
- A Superfund (Whole of Fund) (as distinct from specific superfund investment options, this is a certification for an entire fund who meets leading practice across their entire fund)
Certification criteria are different for each category, and are detailed in the Program Requirements Guide.
Overarching, these relate to:
- A commitment to transparency and disclosure
- For investment products, clearlydocumented responsible investment process (across any RI strategy) that differentiates the product from a mainstream equivalent product or fund
- Undergoing an audit of the investment process
- For Advisers, minimum legal and education requirements
- A commitment to promoting responsible investment
- For Superfunds (Whole of Funds) a commitment to active ownership practices such as engagement and proxy voting.
RIAA’s Certification Symbol Trade Mark (the Symbol) provides consumers and industry alike with a quality mark of Australia and New Zealand’s standard for responsible investing products and advice. The Symbol signifies that:
- The Financial Adviser has committed to offering responsible and ethical advice to all their clients, is experienced in offering specialist advice, and has responsible investment products on their approved product list.
- The Investment Product has implemented a detailed responsible investment process for all investment decisions, clearly discloses what that process is, has been audited by an external party to verify the investment process, and has met the strict disclosure requirements of the program.
LOOKING TO GET CERTIFIED?
Are you a financial adviser advising clients on ethical investments and want to your credentials to stand out from the crowd?
Do you have a responsible or ethical investment product that you would like investors to find more easily?
Find out the requirements and what is involved in becoming Certified.
Important information about the Responsible Investment Certification Program:
The Responsible Investment Certification Program is not designed for the purpose of providing personal financial product or investment advice. The Certification Program is designed to provide information solely on the responsible and ethical investment strategies that apply to each of the Certified investment products for information only.
The information provided by the Certification Program is not a recommendation to invest in any investment products. It does not take into account your particular investment objectives, financial situation or investment needs all of which should be considered prior to making an investment decision. You should seek professional financial advice before making any investment decision.